Monday, May 18, 2009

Perception

Normally, we tend to assume that others are similar to us. This was what I did last day. I thought that others will be scared of cockroach too.

I got an hour and half of break after my human communication class yesterday. After that, I went to toilet that is near to sr7 room with my friend, May. When we were washing our hands inside the toilet, suddenly, I saw a big and scary cockroach crawling on the wall in front of me beside the mirror. By instinct, I screamed as loud as I could. “Ah!!!!!” shouted out loudly.

I almost ran out quickly from the toilet while May was just walking out of the toilet calmly. I was so shocked and asked her why don’t she feel frightened or anything about the cockroach. I tried to explain to her how scary and dirty the cockroach was but she seems like doesn’t matter. For her, cockroach is just a small insect that does not harm at all. For me, I was just too bombastic with the small creatures while my friend did not think or feel the way I do.

Maybe by prejudice, I just commonly imagine that others possess the same hates to cockroach as I do. Instead, not everyone will be frightened of cockroach as I do.

1 comment: