Tuesday, May 19, 2009

On Top of the World

Now, I'm actually a very visual-oriented individual, which is why I normally try to blog using pictures or using a minimal amount of words. As the subject requires me to write blogs in essay form, I can't help but oblige. I will, however, use images in my posts as points of reference.

Perception is all about how people see things differently than how they are, or how others see it.

I find this picture very amazing, and the artist very creative and calculative. The lady appears to be posing atop the letter 'W', held up by a man more than ten times her size; whilst at close inspection, the lady is in fact laying on the ground some distance away from the man, and that the 'World' is painted across the ground, creating a very realistic illusion that the people here actually appear to be part of the painting, or that the painting is actually part of reality.

The picture can also be seen as a play with words, or a pun. With the lady laying on the letter 'W' from the word 'World', you could say that the lady is on top of the 'world'.

No comments:

Post a Comment